Sunday, January 30, 2011

Southern Open Toho

Toho turned out to be a disappointment. Mainly, the weather did not cooperate warm then cold, and cold and wet again for the tournament. I made the decision to stay and fish Toho and it never got enough of a warming trend for the spawnners to move up into the shallows. It was much warmer down on Lake Kissimmee and that is where the tournament was won. Bobby Lane said they really moved up on day 2.
I caught better fish in practice. I found a good spot for day one and shared area with Terry Scroggins and Davy Hite. They were biting a trap pretty good only I didn't get a single bite. My co-angler caught some nice fish on a carolina rig. Day 2 two I caught a couple small fish punching mats. I had caught another on my custom bullfrog. I have a winner there, the bass loved my new bait. I made one mistake when I got excited when a 16" bass shot out after my frog, I thought he got the frog. I missed it. I lost one other fish when it came unhooked while pinned to a mat. I burned a lot of gas learning the lake even taking it easy. I needed to have a new fuel pump when I got home, that's why the boat wasn't running right the last several days. The support team told me to change plugs, that wasn't the problem. I should be good to go for Lake Lewisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment