Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lake Lewisville - Central Open

After two days of practice I've pretty much eliminated 99% of the lake. The weather was nice my first day of practice and I covered most of the area I was looking at. Day two was much colder and windy, I kept my coat on all morning. Around noon my Lowrance unit lost contact with the GPS module in the rough water so I pulled off the water at 1:00 and got the module working. I rigged my tackle primary for flipping the next day then went to Walmart for groceries and coffee creamer. When I got back to where I'm staying I discovered the bearings on the trailer were gone and the wheel was about to come off. I'm spending this morning trying to get a new spindle welded on, I caught it right before the mag wheel was damaged.

Oh yeah, they are now calling for rain for the first two days of the tournament so the misery index just went up and the temperature dropped to 67° to start the event. I'm going to need my luck to change big time. At least I have a plan, if it's a good one remains to be seen. As a largemouth fishery this place sucks. Whoever gets a limit every day will be in contention.

No comments:

Post a Comment