Sunday, June 27, 2010

Millwood Lake, AR.


Lake Millwood was tough this week but has some big bass in it and can be a lot of fun once you figure out where they are. I was told the tournament would be won on the main lake so that is where I practiced the first two days concentrating on deep water channel swings. The green trail is day 3 practice trail first thing in the morning. I wanted to see if I could get a morning bite in the grass. I started up river and found where the real grass was. I broke down at 10:30am a mile and a half from the Yarborough ramp. I used my Motorguide TR109 to make it to that ramp, my truck and trailer was at the Saratoga ramp. I fished the BWS tournament without my big motor the next day, I had broken the driveshaft on the new remanufactured lower unit, I didn't hit anything the torque of the engine just snapped it. I finished in 19th place and locked in my spot at the Regional Championship on Lay Lake in Alabama in October with a ranking of 25th in the Arkansas Division. We still have Division 12 2day Championship on DeGray to fish in August.
I had a nice stretch of bank but had to share it with a boat from another tournament who hammered them pretty good. I'm sure those would have been our fish had they not been there, I think they won their tournament. My fish came off a Gene Larew Salt Craw, Zoom Magnum Trick Work and Brush Hog.

No comments:

Post a Comment