Thursday, July 14, 2011

Table Rock, MO

They rescheduled the Bassmaster Open on Table Rock late in October so the bass will have moved shallow again in their fall patterns. I had made some 200+ waypoints earlier in April but since then I was able to find over a thousand fish attractor and brush pile, rock pile GPS locations so I can now go anywhere on the lake and find places to fish.




I will be fishing the Bassmaster Open on the Arkansas River, Muskogee, OK at the end of September before we head back to Table Rock. I have run into financial difficulty and have not been fishing as much as I am accustomed, it's just so expensive putting gas in boat even traveling to the different lakes I go to has become something I can no longer afford to do as often. We have had excessive heat this year also pretty much 100* everyday since the beginning of June so even if you get out to the lake it has been tough to enjoy the afternoons, a light breeze is a must, there is very little shade in open water as the bass are getting deep to escape the heat also.

I am heading back to Arkansas Lake Ouachita again at the end of August for the Bassmaster Weekend Series 2day championship so I can qualify for the Regional Championship on the Red River. I'm hoping I get some of the jobs I'm bidding right now so I will have the money to finish competing in these tournaments. Right now I don't have the money I need to complete my season. I really need to be practicing out on the Arkansas River so I have a chance for a paycheck in the next Open, I really need a good showing if I want to keep fishing and attract some sponsor support. They really don't give you the time of day now if you can't show that you can win these events. It's an uphill battle all the way. There's a good chance I won't be around next year on the tournament trail if I don't have some immediate success in my remaining 2011 tournaments. It's do or die as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment