Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lake Fork Dodge MegaBass- BassChamps

Click on link to see video shot day of tournament.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1955666771614&comments
I caught a nice 10+ bass in practice, it was sunny and 80* the day before the tournament. It was up shallow in 2' of water on a stump, the water was 72*. A cold front rolled in and it was cold and cloudy all day during the tournament. The day started off badly as I hit a stump right and put a $3500 hole in the hull. I trailered immediately and put a tube of RV silicon adhesive over the damaged area and then duct tapped, it worked great and I didn't get a drop of water in the boat.

Unfortunately, the weather effected the bite and I didn't get the big bite I needed to win a truck. I was confident in the area, it just didn't work out. I hate fishing cold weather.



My next tournament is on Lake Tenkiller, OK Bassmaster Weekend Series, Then the Bassmaster Central Open on Table Rock. I plan to put a temporary fiberglass patch then take my boat down to Toledo Fiberglass for their guaranteed for life Gorilla Hull.
I'm really hurting now financially with all my setbacks and need to start collecting checks if I'm to continue competitive fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment