Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tournament Preparation

The weather is still cold in Oklahoma last week during the snow
storm I made this video. I showcase a few baits I'm putting in the boat.



I'll be loading the boat this week, I hope it warms up soon. I know
the route by heart to Toledo bend but need to find the best route
to take to Zapata. I will have the help of my TomTom and the aid
of the GPS maps on my new smart phone.

Once I get to Toledo Bend I expect to be looking for big females
in staging areas, points and channel edges in mouths of coves.
The plan is to find spawning flats in protected areas off the main lake.
Hopefully, I'll find some active pre-spawn schooling and feeding up?
I'll be sure to hunt for any big fish that may be up on any early beds.

1 comment:

  1. Fishing was very tough in cold conditions only four limits brought to scales. I stuck with game plan and covered a lot of water with no success. I wasn't able to update blog from phone but not much to report.

    ReplyDelete